[erlang-questions] The meaning of OTP...

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Thu Jul 19 17:48:25 CEST 2007

--- Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:

> Don't change the name - nobody knows or cares what
> OTP stands for.
>
> Personally I hate name change, especially when they
> are fueled by political correctness. /.../

I'm inclined to agree, but nevertheless, hey, it's
summertime.

So, my suggestion is (in the spirit of GNU
inscrutability) "OTP Technical Platform". Or, why not,
"Open Technical Problem". To which one can add, after
a suitable pause, "Well, you did ask."

Best,
Thomas

PS. Or maybe "Oscar T. Peterson"? Warning: this could
drive jazz fanatics crazy.