[erlang-questions] Erlang and artificial intelligence: new ar ticle on trapexit

French, Mike Mike.French@REDACTED
Tue Jul 17 16:40:08 CEST 2007

Interesting - you should link to your slides:

  http://www.erlang-consulting.com/erlangworkshop05/eresye.pdf

How does your system perform ? Have you run any standard benchmarks ?
How does your system scale to large knowledge base and/or large rule sets ?
What possibility is there for fine-grain concurrency in a RETE system ?
How could you stream facts into the server in non-Erlang format (XML) ?

How could you load and update rules at runtime from non-Erlang format (XML)
?
i.e. interpret rules, or on-the-fly compilation and loading of rules.

Queries are a bit like dynamic rules, where the results are not asserted to
the knowledge base but streamed back to the client. So having a dynamic rule
compilation system would support optimized streaming queries,
including event correlation and temporal pattern matching.

Is your system still under active development ?
e.g. in your presentation you mention adding negation

What is the software license ?

Thanks,
Mik

P.S. Good discussion of the Java Drools rule engine
     design, implementation and benchmarking here:

http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossrules/freezone/docs/3
.0.6/html/bk01-toc.html