[erlang-questions] Troubleshooting using YAWS + SOAP

Laura M. Castro Souto lcastro@REDACTED
Mon Jul 16 18:51:45 CEST 2007

   Hello all,

	We have recently set up a web service using yaws soap capabilities. After the
initial tests, we have now something that we could call a "working" web
service with a not-so-funny behaviour.

	We have used both a Java client and SOAPUI (http://www.soapui.org/) to test
it, and the funny behaviour proves to be client-independent and repeatable.
The client calls one of the services of the web service, our handler is
invoked, everything seems to be going smoothly but... then the process that
should wait for the handler response dies with a "timeout". So even though
everything works out fine as far as we are concerned, something is going on
inside yaws that prevents the client to know what happened with its request.

	This is the error report we get (where 'ourwebservice' is our handler
module):

=ERROR REPORT==== 16-Jul-2007::18:25:47 ===
{yaws_rpc,162,
          {ourwebservice,handler,
                            {'EXIT',{timeout,
                                        {gen_server,
                                            call,
                                            [yaws_soap_srv,
                                             {request,

{ourwebserviceservice,handler},
                                                 "<?xml version='1.0'
encoding='UTF-8'?><soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\"><soapenv:Header /><soapenv:Body><ns1:setParte
xmlns:ns1=\"http://ws.apache.org/axis2/xsd\"><ns1:param0>username</ns1:param0><ns1:param1>password</ns1:param1><ns1:param2>010238</ns1:param2><ns1:param3>337</ns1:param3><ns1:param4>2007-07-18T00:00+0200</ns1:param4><ns1:param5>Descripcion</ns1:param5><ns1:param6></ns1:param6></ns1:setParte></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>",
                                                 undefined,
                                                 "\"urn:setParte\""}]}}}}}

	which is barely informative, since it just says there was a timeout for the
yaws_soap_srv genserver and prints the request message.

	Has anybody faced something similar? Any clues what might be going on?

	Any hint or piece of information will be very much appreciated. Thanks in
advance!

--
Laura M. Castro
MADS Group - Computer Science Department