[erlang-questions] prim_inet

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Sun Jul 15 13:05:46 CEST 2007

Hi,

prim_inet is not documented because it is not intended to be a
supported/stable API which we will keep backwards compatible.
prim_inet is only supposed to be used by modules such as gen_udp,
gen_tcp, gen_sctp, inet etc. which are supported and documented API's.
If important functionality is missing in the supported API's it should
be added there and probably in a slightly different way than in
prim_inet (but built on prim_inet).

The general principle that we follow is that what's not documented is
not supported and tested and might change, dissapear or whatever
between releases.

/Kenneth (Erlang/OTP team at Ericsson)