[erlang-questions] Application resource file

Jan Henry Nystrom jan@REDACTED
Wed Jul 11 10:46:58 CEST 2007

Hi Bob,

If you had looked a bit closer in app(4) you would have found that the
next man page to look in is config(4) which states the intent an format
of the the_name_of_your_config_file.config. All the information you need
can be found in that man page.

/Cheers Henry

Bob Cowdery wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have been using an application resource file for some time. Starting my application as in 'application:start(erlinksr).' picks up the default file and consumes it without problems. This file is called erlinksr.app. Now I want to feed different resource files according to a profile. Looking at the erl switches  documentation I see a -config switch which points me to (app(4) and application(3)) which talk about resource files. If I say '-config erlinksr' (having copied the file to be erlinksr.config as it expects this extension) it complains:
>
> {"could not start kernel pid",application_controller,"error in config file \"./erlinksr.config\" (none): configuration file must contain ONE list ended by <dot>"}
>
> Clearly these are different config files. Is the documentation wrong or did I read it wrong? How can I have my application start with different resource files apart from copying over the right one before starting erl.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob

Jan Henry Nystrom
Training Manager @ Erlang Training and Consulting Ltd