[erlang-questions] Erlang OTP design principle

igwan igwan@REDACTED
Tue Jul 10 12:58:08 CEST 2007

Hi,

I had a similar issue last month. This post might be of interest to you
: http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2007-June/027555.html
In short, you can make the accept mechanism asynchronous, but at the
price of using internal undocumented functions
(prim_inet:async_accept/2). It returns immediately and sends your
process a message when a new connection arrives on your listening
socket. For the format of the message received, it's best to look in the
prim_inet.erl, especially how the accept (synchronous) function works.
It seems that upon receiving the message you have to get opts from the
listening socket, and set them to the new connection socket.

igwan