[erlang-questions] SNMP get-bulk

Serge Aleynikov saleyn@REDACTED
Sun Jul 8 05:08:11 CEST 2007

I would like to use Erlang's SNMP agent for monitoring external OS
processes written in C.  For this purpose all get/set requests coming
from an SNMP manager will be marshaled to the C process using Erlang
external term serialization and ei on the C side (where the C processes
would be either ports supervised by an Erlang node running the SNMP
agent, or connected to Erlang via a socket).  In order to optimize the
number of IPC turnarounds between the the SNMP agent and a C process,
I'd like to ensure that SNMP v2c GET-BULK requests are relayed to a C
process as a whole (i.e. all N OIDs requested to get are forwarded to
the C process as one transaction from the SNMP agent rather than N
individual transactions).

Is this doable?

Serge