[erlang-questions] Order of Mnesia table events

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Sat Jul 7 16:59:32 CEST 2007

2007/7/5, Joel Reymont <joelr1@REDACTED>:
> Does the order of Mnesia table events strictly correspond to the
> order they happened in a transaction?
>
> If I have transaction T1 that does write A, delete B, write C, can I
> reply on getting A, B, C, in that order?

Well, since there is no documented guarantee, you should
not rely on it in any case, but I'm pretty sure it's not even
the case in the current implementation.

But what you get is the data that will be committed. So if
there are two consecutive writes, {t,K,V1} and {t,K,V2},
within the same transaction, you will only get an event
about the last update.

BR,
Ulf W