[erlang-questions] Erlang Extension Proposals (EEPs)

Per Gustafsson per.gustafsson@REDACTED
Mon Jan 29 17:42:05 CET 2007

In conjunction with the Erlang User Conference 2006 there was a workshop
concerning the future development of Erlang.

In this workshop a decision was made to adopt the Python process for
future Erlang development. Since nothing has happened since then I have
taken it upon myself to edit PEP 1, the python extension proposal which
describes how the python process works. This should be viewed as a draft
so please feel free to suggest changes. There are also a lot of decision
that needs to be made and issues that need to be solved. I'll list some
of them below.

1. We need to have some EEP editors
2. We need an e-mail address for the EEP editors, I have suggested
eeps@REDACTED
3. We need tools to generate html from EEPs. I have altered some of the
  python tools to acheive this, but the resulting script is very brittle
  and probably won't work for most EEPs
4. We need a subversion repository to keep track of the EEPs

The draft for EEP 1 can be found at:

http://user.it.uu.se/~pergu/eep/eep-0001.html

Per Gustafsson