[erlang-questions] OO programming style in Erlang?

Ladislav Lenart lenartlad@REDACTED
Tue Jan 23 17:26:33 CET 2007

Adam Lindberg wrote:
> As a side topic regarding OO and Erlang ways of thinking, here's a
> good article about Erlang and concurrency. It touches object
> orientation and comparisons with Java for example, and is somewhat of
> a mind opener. :-)
>
> http://www.defmacro.org/ramblings/concurrency.html

I read the article recently but didn't find any Erlang
vs. OO comparison or objections against OO itself. Only
the concurrency programming was demonstrated on
one mainstream hybrid OO language...

When I started the thread I didn't want to ask "How can
I write OO in Erlang" (the mail has a bad subject) but
rather "How to write properly in Erlang" which is what
I have stll trouble with (at least it seems to me that
way). But I guess that this, as everything, takes time
to learn...

Regarding OO, there is only a few programming languages
that are "OO enough for me" (picking only those I know):
Smalltalk, CLOS. I've also read some articles about Self
and it looks quite good but I have never programmed in it.

Ladislav Lenart