[erlang-questions] Supervisors, control over restart timing

Geoff Cant nem@REDACTED
Mon Jan 22 21:04:54 CET 2007

Hi all, I'm wondering if there's a standard/idiomatic way of
controlling the restart timing within a supervisor.

I have a supervisor that supervises a number of connections to
external servers. I'd like these to reconnect with exponential backoff
between attempts. The supervisor seems like a natural place to do
this, but I haven't seen anything in the OTP docs to suggest a way to
do it.

Am I trying to put this functionality in the wrong place? How does
everyone else do this?

Cheers,
--
Geoff