[erlang-questions] Sudden death of Erlang Node

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Fri Jan 19 08:16:23 CET 2007

Eranga Udesh wrote:
> Thanks for the info.
>
> I said "very busy" to indicate the system I am talking about handles over
> 1000-1500 message passing, 750-1000 process spawning, 250-500 mnesia DB
> access, 500-750 Erl Port calls, etc, Per Second (/s) kind of busyness.
> However the CPU utilization doesn't go beyond 25% in any of the 4 CPU in the
> system and memory is over 40% free.
>
> Based on that, even though my end problem seems similar, the cause for it
> may not be. I am running 11B-2 compiled with SMP support, but the node is
> not started in SMP mode.

I'm pretty sure that if you don't start your node in SMP mode, it will
only use one of your processors.

Are you sure that the 25% CPU load is not really one of your four
processors running at 100%?

/Fredrik