[erlang-questions] Cocoa IDE for Erlang (again)

Bill Clementson billclem@REDACTED
Wed Aug 29 23:09:15 CEST 2007

Joel Reymont <joelr1@REDACTED> writes:

> On Aug 29, 2007, at 7:17 PM, Samuel Tesla wrote:
>
>> If the easy solution ends up being fast
>> enough, why bang your head against trying to engineer a faster one?
>
> True.
>
>> There are at least two other projects that are similar to what you
>> seem to
>> be doing, that I know of.
>>
>> For Emacs: http://fresh.homeunix.net/~luke/distel/
>> For Eclipse: http://erlide.sourceforge.net/
>
> I don't believe the parsing of the Erlang code in these two is done
> in Erlang. Distel is surely using Emacs Lisp and ErlIDE must be using
> Java.

Distel uses a combination of Emacs Lisp and Erlang code. The documents
linked to from the Distel home page provide a good description of
where each is used: http://fresh.homeunix.net/~luke/distel/

- Bill