[erlang-questions] Cocoa IDE for Erlang (again)

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Wed Aug 29 16:24:43 CEST 2007

I thought I should turn my previous question around and ask it
differently.

Suppose I wanted to provide IntelliSense and similar functionality
for Erlang. I think this will require re-parsing the code buffer on
every keystroke or whenever "." (dot) is typed.

What is the most efficient way to implement the interface between the
editor and the Erlang VM?

Would this be pipes? TCP? Building the IDE on top of the Erlang VM
itself?

In the later case it seems that the buffer would need to be copied in
memory to be moved from the Cocoa structures to an Erlang binary that
can be supplied to Erlang code.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com