[erlang-questions] spawn_monitor documentation wrong

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Aug 23 19:32:19 CEST 2007

The doc doesn't claim that spawn_monitor/1 works like spawn_link/1.
It says that it works like spawn/1, with the exception that it
also creates a monitor.

>From http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/erlang.html

"erlang:spawn_monitor(Fun) -> {pid(),reference()}

Types:

Fun = fun()

Returns the pid of a new process started by the application of Fun
to the empty list [] and reference for a monitor created to the new
process. Otherwise works like spawn/3. "

BR,
Ulf W