[erlang-questions] Building a Non-blocking TCP server using OTP principles

Dustin Sallings dustin@REDACTED
Thu Aug 23 01:37:02 CEST 2007

On Aug 22, 2007, at 15:15 , Claes Wikström wrote:

> I think there are quite a few erlang/server apps that log the
> accept() error an retry - which is very bad if the error is e{n,m}
> file.

	I had an app recently that was doing just that, and I don't see
what's bad about it.  My log file is already open on a node, another
node gets emfile or enfile (I was getting both) and sends it back to
the logging node which tells me that's why a particular request failed.

	I suppose I'm not actually doing a *retry*, but I'm proceeding which
means I'm going to try to make a new connection pretty much
immediately afterwards.  My app recovered after both of those errors.

--
Dustin Sallings