[erlang-questions] Error in erl_tidy (syntax tools) any fix?

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Wed Aug 22 09:42:14 CEST 2007

Erik Stenman wrote:
> I wrote that I had received a patch from Richard which might
> solve the problem. But on second thought I think the patch
> only solves the problem when the type is given as binary,
> as in:
>   <<(foo(X))/binary>>
>
> So I guess Richard needs to take a deeper look at the whole
> handling of expressions inside binaries in syntax_tools.

I'll have to figure out what the proper precedences should be. At
first glance, it seems a bit strange that <<size(Bin), ...>> does
not parse, while <<(size(Bin)), ...>> does.

     /Richard