[erlang-questions] Building a Non-blocking TCP server using OTP principles

Anthony Shipman als@REDACTED
Sat Aug 18 11:27:46 CEST 2007

On Saturday 18 August 2007 12:27, Serge Aleynikov wrote:
> I can only comment that it would be really useful if the OTP team
> exposed the async_accept function to the gen_tcp module.
>
> Serge
>
> Samuel Tesla wrote:
> > I suppose the question really becomes, then, how can you write a TCP
> > server using the documented APIs of Erlang/OTP that you can reasonably
> > expect to remain the same between releases?
> >
> > The APIs in prim_inet aren't intended to be used.  They can change
> > between releases and that will cause problems with the original code you
> > posted as well.  Whereas a solution that uses the functions exported from
> > gen_tcp can be expected to survive upgrades to the OTP environment.

Please ensure that any changes are reflected in the SSL functions as well. A
server that does http and https shouldn't have to have two different design
paradigms.

--
Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
als@REDACTED                   grow up to be outsourced.