[erlang-questions] "Erlang, the next Java"

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Fri Aug 10 11:44:31 CEST 2007

On 10 Aug 2007, at 10:01, Francesco Cesarini wrote:

> Mazen Harake wrote:
>> Although I might be put on the cross for this but I really enjoyed
>> his
>> way of reasoning about OO in Erlang.
>
> Yeah, you're fired ;-)

I'm reminded of a conversation with a previous manager ;-)

He argued that as an Erlang user I was more object oriented in
thinking than most of his C++ guys. And he did have a point, by some
definition of object oriented (an old one I guess, where objects were
"things" that communicated by sending messages - smalltalk).

Sean