[erlang-questions] "Erlang, the next Java"

Chris Wong chris@REDACTED
Fri Aug 10 10:21:43 CEST 2007

I think Ralph is referring to a big company as some company like Sun
or Microsoft who has a vested interest in seeing Java or C++/C#
become popular.  They have a business plan for whatever programming
language they are pushing.

For Ericsson, what's their incentive to push Erlang to make it
popular?  Popularity of Erlang isn't going to help selling more
Ericsson switches or cell phones, is it?

Chris