[erlang-questions] Static binary data

Peter Wang pwa@REDACTED
Tue Aug 7 09:16:13 CEST 2007

Hello,

How does HiPE treat static binaries?  I tried a microbenchmark which
simply evaluates a function that returns a static data structure (in a
loop) and it runs much faster if the strings in the structure are
represented as lists of integers, rather than binaries.

I'm trying the use binaries to represent strings in the Mercury to
Erlang compiler, and I think this is having a negative performance
impact, as we generate a lot of static data functions which may be
evaluated many times.

Peter