[erlang-questions] Booting over the network

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Mon Aug 6 06:51:16 CEST 2007

Folks,

I've got another exciting Erlang project to complete and so I'd like
to ask...

How exactly do you boot a node over the network?

I know that you can do erl -loader inet ... but what happens then? Do
any attempts to l(module). get redirected to the boot server? What
about attempts to compile a module?

Can you fetch complete apps from the network boot server, e.g.
Mnesia? How would you do this?

The documentation for erl_prim_loader says: "The start script is also
fetched with this low level loader." What is the start script that's
being referred to here? Is this the boot file that you pass to erl -
boot?

How do you set up a network boot server? Is this just a regular
Erlang node that does not require special configuration?

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://topdog.cc      - EasyLanguage to C# compiler
http://wagerlabs.com  - Blog