[erlang-questions] input too fast

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Wed Aug 1 10:07:42 CEST 2007

On 2007-07-13 15:00, Daniel Kwiecinski wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    After further investigation I can see that under Windows eof is not
> detected at all :(.

that is a known bug since ages ago. first time i reported it was when
when the shootout (original site (http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout)
no longer responding) was hosted on windows
(http://dada.perl.it/shootout). there erlang had no scores for io
benchmarks. i could not understand why since my programs worked on unix.

in those days io was more dominant. see Timing Trials, or, the Trials of
Timing (http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/bwk/interps/pap.html), for
background.

bengt
--
Those were the days...
    EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides