[erlang-questions] Missing ssl_esock directory

Mikkel Jensen dirtyundies@REDACTED
Thu Sep 21 22:02:12 CEST 2006

Michael McDaniel-2 wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 09:07:19AM -0700, Michael McDaniel wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 04:54:55AM -0700, Mikkel Jensen wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have managed to install R11B-1 on my Ubuntu machine including SSL and
>> ODBC
>> > support (or so I thought)
>> > But while trying to launch a HTTPS site in Yaws I run into the
>> following
>> > error:
>> >
>> > sh: /usr/local/lib/erlang/lib/ssl-3.0.12/priv/bin/ssl_esock: No such
>> file or
>> > directory
>> >
>> > I guess I'm missing an SSL package (or perhaps a configuration flag)
>> when I
>> > installed Erlang.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>> >
>> > - Mikkel
>> > --
>>
>> I have Ubuntu 6.06 installed
>>
>> $ uname -a
>> Linux delora 2.6.15-23-386 #1 PREEMPT Tue May 23 13:49:40 UTC 2006 i686
>> GNU/Linux
>>
>> Here's the configure switches I used for R11B-1
>>
>> $ ./configure  --with-odbc --x-includes=/usr/local/include
>> --x-libraries=/usr/lib --with-ssl
>>
>> screen output from make commands deleted below...
>>
>> $ make
>> $ cd /usr/local/lib
>> $ sudo mv erlang erlang-R11-0
>> $ cd
>> $ sudo make install
>>
>> $ which yaws
>> /usr/local/bin/yaws
>> $ yaws --version
>> Yaws 1.65
>> $
>>
>> excerpt from /etc/yaws.conf ...
>>
>> <server localhost>
>> 	access_log = false
>>
>>         port = 443
>>         listen = 127.0.0.1
>>         docroot = /var/yaws/expect
>>         dir_listings = false
>>
>>   appmods = <mxml, mxml>
>>
>>   errormod_404   = m3m_404
>>   errormod_crash = experror
>>

>>         <ssl>
>>                 keyfile = /etc/yaws-key.pem
>>                 certfile = /etc/yaws-cert.pem
>>         </ssl>
>> </server>
>>

>> starting yaws thusly...
>>
>> sudu su -c "cd /var/yaws/ebin ; \
>>                  /usr/local/bin/yaws -sname yaws_autosys -heart \
>>                  --conf /etc/yaws.conf -D -x"
>>

>> $ echo y | w3m -dump https://localhost
>> self signed certificate: accept? (y/n)Accept unsecure SSL session:
>> unverified: self signed certificate
>> Expect Media Server was expecting a POST.
>>
>> aa v1.23
>>
>> al v1.8
>>
>> d v1.71
>>
>> er v1.4
>>
>> ec v1.38
>>
>> em v1.23
>>
>> fi v1.25
>>
>> mx v1.151
>>
>> o v1.6
>>

>> I do not think I added anything special to my Ubuntu install
>> except probably the dev stuff for ssl ...

> [...]
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the very thorough description! I'm not quite sure excactly what
was missing in my configuration but following your description worked like a
charm - I'm up and running!

- Mikkel