[erlang-questions] measuring OS context switches

Yariv Sadan yarivvv@REDACTED
Wed Sep 20 17:53:33 CEST 2006

> BTW, Yariv, if you catch this email, I will be using your erlyDB
> along with some javascript and erlang prototypes I've been working on
> to make the front end work.

Ke Han, I will soon switch most ErlyDB calls to prepared statements.
This should give you a big performance boost over Rails, because
ActiveRecord doesn't use prepared statements at all AFAIK. Without
prepared statements, MySQL has to parse each query and then plan its
execution, which is quite expensive. Prepared statements alone should
give you a big scalability advantage because the database is often one
of the main bottlenecks for a webapp.

Cheers,
Yariv