[erlang-questions] constructing binaries question

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Thu Sep 14 22:23:09 CEST 2006

If your pieces are already lists (strings) leave them as lists. You
can still do the lists of lists thing, it works exactly like the list
of binaries. Also the conversion will probably be more efficient in
the io layer then up in you app. Weather or not this balances out the
cost of coping is a good question, but not one that can be answered
with out doing a bit of profiling in a running application.  So just
leave your individual parts in whatever format they are already in
build them up into a list.