[erlang-questions] Revamped MySQL driver

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Thu Sep 14 08:03:31 CEST 2006

On 2006-09-14, at 00:50, Yariv Sadan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I added a bunch of features and optimizations to the Yxa MySQL driver
> I got from Process One. The biggest new features are support for
> transactions and prepared statements.
>
> Here's the "official" announcement, with a short tutorial illustrating
> the new features:
> http://yarivsblog.com/articles/2006/09/13/erlang-mysql-driver-reloaded.
>
> You can get the revamped driver here:
> http://code.google.com/p/erlang-mysql-driver/.

Hi

It is great to see that people actually want to use the YXA MySQL driver. As
maintainer of the YXA source code, I would like to see all usefull features
folded back into the original source code though.

Mikael (of Process One) has shared this view, he just hasn't had time enough to
complete updating YXA's own usage of the MySQL driver yet, but has said that he
intends to. Without having looked at the improvements you have made, I would
like to roll them too back into the YXA source repository. What do you think
about this? I don't think it benefits the Erlang community to have lots of
essentially forked versions of the MySQL driver.

/Fredrik