[erlang-questions] Shared memory and message passing

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Tue Sep 5 23:36:57 CEST 2006

I agree with Joe, the Erlang implementation can use whatever mechanisms
it likes just as long as the semantics are unchanged. Actually this is
no problem as Erlang does not allow updating of data. Single heap memory
models never copy data from one process to another, they just pass the
reference. Sending messages is an O(1) operation.

Robert