[erlang-questions] 'embedded' erlang?

Brian Zhou b88zhou@REDACTED
Sat Oct 28 18:34:19 CEST 2006

Matthias Lang <matthias <at> corelatus.se> writes:

> DRAM/CPU grunt: Corelatus' original generation of hardware, which has
> been in live service at dozens of sites for years, runs Erlang just
> fine on a 50MHz FPU-less CPU with 32MB of DRAM. Independently, Brian
> Zhou has Erlang running on a chewing-gum-packet sized linux box called
> a 'gumstix'.

A correction to the detail, the device I cross built erlang to run is linksys
nslu2 -
http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Storage-Disk-Drives-NSLU2/dp/B0001FSCZO/sr=8-1/qid=1162053095
which has 266MHz ARM CPU, 32MB RAM, and USB for storage.

> See also:
>
>   http://wiki.trapexit.org/index.php/Cross_compiling

I've added pointers to nslu2 (optware) mk file and openembedded bitbake recipe
to the wiki page.

Cheers,

-Brian