[erlang-questions] What is this naming convention?

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Fri Oct 27 14:18:01 CEST 2006

Christian S <chsu79@REDACTED> wrote:
> Well, I was mostly curious if it encoded some transfer of wisdom among
> mnesia hackers. A secret language that say something without using
> comments?
> On 10/27/06, Dan Gudmundsson <dgud@REDACTED> wrote:
>>
>> Whats wrong with it...
>>
>> For a short time it was a macro..

                             ^^^^^

This was actually the wisdom, although it sounds like it went by you.

When you write a macro, you typically choose very strange variable names
(if you have variables in your macro) to not accidentally 'collide' with
variable names that might be used in the function 'calling' the macro.

/Fredrik