[erlang-questions] Erlang shell crashes

Thu Oct 26 09:21:44 CEST 2006

It seems your application has a process that is growing continously,
and after 15 hours its attemt to allocate a 356 MByte heap failed
due to insufficient memory.

Your total allocated memory is 1060 MByte of which roughly 356 MByte
should be the old heap of the offendng process, leaving 704 MByte
for the rest of the beam emulator. That is also a large emulator.
Is your application deliberately using lots of memory?

You can use the crashdump_viewer to inspect the crashdump and find out
more about the offending process. You can also use 'top' from another
OS shell while your application runs to verify that the beam
emulator is growing continously and slowly, that being a fatal problem.

The beam emulator's OS process ID can be found with os:getpid().