[erlang-questions] MySQL cluster - MnesiaXXL

Yariv Sadan yarivvv@REDACTED
Mon Oct 23 19:18:04 CEST 2006

Hi!

I think memcached is the best cache available _assuming you're not
using Erlang_, but if you are building an Erlang app, I can't see why
you would want to use memcachd instead of Mnesia.

- Mnesia runs in the same memory space as Yaws, which means it's insanely fast.
- Mnesia is a piece of cake to use.
- Mnesia is easy to reconfigure in runtime.
- Mnesia simplifies your architecture because you don't need to
install 3rd party components.
- Mnesia has a lot of capabilities that memcached doesn't have,
including disc_copy storage, ACID transactions, etc.

If I were to build an Erlang webapp (which is purely hypothetical :) )
I wouldn't look past Mnesia. I can't see a reason to think that
memcached is any better.

Regards,
Yariv