[erlang-questions] More SSL problems

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Fri Oct 20 22:40:28 CEST 2006

As far as I know SSL works well, it is used in products in combination
with the http server in the inets application.

I also think that the very same ssl application is used with good
result together with the YAWS web-server.

I should remark that inet_ssl_dist i.e running the Erlang distribution
over SSL is not used much and not in any products that I am aware of.
As I recall it inet_ssl_dist was mostly written as an example to
illustrate that the Erlang distribution can be carried over other
protocols than TCP. To my knowledge the distribution over SSL works on
the platforms we test.

If you get the problem below "randomly" with the same build and
installation of Erlang  I think it is strange.
I anyway suspect that the problem has with the shared library openssl
probably that it can't be found or has wrong version. The openssl
library is something that you must provide yourself in your
installation it is not part of the Erlang distribution.

If you run the same case as you show below under "truss" you will be
able to find out.

Regards Kenneth