[erlang-questions] escript lives

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Mon Oct 16 09:11:06 CEST 2006

On 2006-10-15 21:33, Wayne Vucenic wrote:
...deleted
> Mini:~/erlang/escript-4.0 wayne$ make
> erlc escript.erl
> make: *** No rule to make target `.beam', needed by `all'.  Stop.
>
> as the erlc line above suggests, it actually did make the .beam file,
> so I'm not sure why it thinks it needs to remake it but can't.

the erlc line says it will create escript.beam.
the ''No rule'' line talks about a a file called ''.beam''. did you get
one of those?

the reason for this error is that ''BEAM_FILES = $(MODS:=.beam)'' in the
Makefile probably gets expanded to ''.beam''. in the Makefile, try to
replace ''all: ${BEAM_FILES} escript'' with
all:
	echo ${BEAM_FILES}

and run make again. email the output, please.

...deleted
> to work around this, I changed the Makefile line
>
> all: ${BEAM_FILES} escript

> all: escript.beam escript
>
> this gets us past the .beam error, but now it has trouble making escript
>
> Mini:~/erlang/escript-4.0 wayne$ make
> ./mk_escript.sh
> make: ./mk_escript.sh: Command not found
> make: *** [escript] Error 127

i think that the mode of ''mk_escript.sh'' has lost the executable (x)
flag. if you untar all files into a new directory, what is the mode of
mk_escript.sh?
if it is not executable you could add
	chmod +x mk_escript.sh
in the Makefile just before
	./mk_escript.sh

well, actually joe should. or escript could get put into jungerl and
anybody could.

bengt
--
    EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides
    solely in a computer program then the subject matter is not