[erlang-questions] Recless

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Thu Oct 12 09:25:01 CEST 2006

hi,

This looks like a good idea to work further with.

There are some problems about it, however:
    * the syntax issue, of course. I think that attempts to just use a
parse transform (as opposed to change the parser itself) won't provide
very readable results. Or as with the a.b.c.d suggestion, it will
clash with something else.
    * since one is required to declare the types of record variables,
I'm not sure how easy it would be to use. Should the default value of
a record field serve as a type declaration? How to handle 'undefined'
values then? We would have to handle the equivalent of
NullPointerExceptions :-\

Finally, as a personal wish, I would rather see an implementation of
Richard O'Keefe's abstract patterns proposal (see
http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200309/msg00309.html).
It might need to be revised a little, since it is a few years old.

best regards,
Vlad