[erlang-questions] multi-core scheduler affinity

ke han ke.han@REDACTED
Sat Oct 7 14:54:08 CEST 2006

I have a yaws app and also another app which I would like to run in
the same erlang vm.
I have 4 CPU cores in the server and not much else running so I could
give the erlang VM 2 or more scheduler processes.
I would like s to enable the yaws app to have its processes managed
mostly through one scheduler and the other supervised group of
processes by another.  I don't need this to be strict, but am
guessing the overall performance of each app would be best if the
schedulers were somehow kept separate.
The nature of the app is such that the yaws app can degrade if load
gets high but the other app should not degrade due to spikes in the
yaws HTTP requests.
I can always run this as two separate erlang VMs, but am checking to
see if I am missing something.
thanks, ke han