Erlang port to the Java Virtual Machine

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Tue May 30 22:58:20 CEST 2006

Not having tail recursion is a serious problem, Erlang is not usable
without it! If the underlying machine does not directly support it then
you have to implement it yourself which means you have to go in at a
lower level and do more work yourself.

Many years ago there were attempts to implement other high-level
languages on the JVM, there may be recent ones but I don't know about
them, check the literature to see how they managed. Erlang has similar
problems.

Another major difficulty is that JVM tasking is too heavy for Erlang.

Robert