Language Bindings for Erlang

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Fri May 26 00:41:06 CEST 2006

Jeff Crane writes:

 > I want to forward messages from Erlang to and from a
 > Python GUI via middleware. Would a C Port, C Node, or
 > C Driver be more approriate?

Your question doesn't have a clearcut answer, because "appropriate"
depends on how you want to weigh different factors and what _your_
particular skill and experience is.

My suggestion:

Start by inventing your own protocol which does a _subset_ of what you
ultimately want, and then runn that protocol over stdin/stdout via the
'port' mechanism.

"C Nodes" and linked-in drivers ("C driver") come under the general
heading of "complicated and trouble-prone".

An observation: I don't understand why you want "middleware". That
suggests you're either over- or under-specifying the problem.

Matthias