Pro-Erlang/pro-functional programming papers

Thomas Johnsson thomas@REDACTED
Wed May 17 13:15:26 CEST 2006

>> Do you guys have any good pro-Erlang/pro-functional programming
>> paper/articles (read propaganda) lying around somewhere?

I warmly recommend Paul Grahams paper "Beating the Averages",

http://www.paulgraham.com/avg.html
http://www.iiia.csic.es/~puyol/TAPIA/pgtalk-rev2.pdf

not because it says anything about Erlang in particular (more about
Lisp, which he considers the most powerful language in existence), but
because he makes some very pertiment points about powerful languages as
a "secret weapon", especially for startup companies. It is also very
entertaining reading.

-- Thomas