Billion-triple store

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Sat May 13 00:22:08 CEST 2006

Den 2006-05-12 23:02:31 skrev Yariv Sadan <yariv@REDACTED>:

> Hi,
>
> I just did some research into BDB. It looks like BDB only supports row
> level locking for Queue tables, whose records must be of fixed size
> (http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/gsg/C/BerkeleyDB-Core-C-GSG.pdf).
> Wouldn't this make BDB inappropriate for Mnesia, which allows
> variable-size records?

I think that one should seriously consider fixed-size records
if performance is a priority. Just because mnesia supports
variable-size records, one doesn't have to make use of it.

When designing storage structures for Erlang, one
tends to think that they always must support any
type, but this may incur a significant performance
penalty.

/Ulf W
--
Ulf Wiger