TCP interface process crashes with no death cry

BETIS Alexandre A.BETIS@REDACTED
Tue May 9 17:34:59 CEST 2006

Hello to all erlangers,

We are using OTP-R10B-3 (yeah, I know, it's not current)
and are witnessing something 'kind of' weird. I was wondering
if this is something that was recently fixed, since I
have seen in the release notes hints about similar problems.

Here goes: we have a slow non-erlang TCP reader (it is slow because
we are memory-analyzing it), and an erlang writer with big messages.
Apparently, when we reach the point where TCP buffers are full, the
erlang writer crashes (which is what we expected).

The problem is that the erlang process seems to crash without
emitting any 'EXIT' signal. This shucks, because our erlang
code is supposed to act on that. Has anyone ever encountered
something similar and found the pit where the process' death
cry falls into?

If not, will try to isolate the problem as a test case.

Cheers,

-- Alex

" Ce message et ses pieces jointes sont confidentiels et exclusivement reserves a leurs destinataires qui s'assureront de l'absence de virus. CSEE Transport n'assume aucune responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il est altere, deforme, falsifie, indument utilise par des tiers ou encore s'il a cause des dommages ou pertes de toute nature.

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and exclusively intended for its addressees who will conduct appropriate virus checks. CSEE Transport shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed, falsified, unduly used by third parties nor for any damage or loss."