behavior of io:format() in spawn'ed process

Claes Wikstrom klacke@REDACTED
Thu Jun 29 00:50:09 CEST 2006

HP Wei wrote:
> I am writing a monitoring module whose partial code is appended
> at the end of this email.
> I would like to ask for help in understanding the behavior of
> io:format() in a spawn'ed process.

terminal I/O goes back and is produced at the node which originally spawned
the process. If you want I/O to appear at the node where the
process is running - use io:format(user, Format, Args).

                                      ^

                                         atom there

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
http://www.hyber.org                  -- everything is under control