edoc custom layout

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Tue Jun 27 15:23:34 CEST 2006

Richard,

While I was writing a custom layout for edoc I ran into the following
concern.  Current edoc's implementation of layouts excludes
customization of the modules/packages frames of the generated menu and
the index file.  It seems to me that it would be a worthy modification
in edoc to force the edoc_doclet:application_frame/3,
edoc_doclet:modules_frame/4, edoc_doclet:packages_frame/4, and
edoc_doclet:index_file/3 to follow the same approach as done in
edoc_doclet:overview/4 call of invoking the layout's callback that may
customize the look of navigation frames.

I've done this modification (patch included) that allowed me to generate
an XML layout in the format suitable for the forrest.appache.org's
project.  The absense of custom callback functions will default to the
edoc's current layout method.

Do you think it would be possible to include this patch in the
distribution?

Regards,

Serge