big erlang web solution

bryan rasmussen rasmussen.bryan@REDACTED
Thu Jun 22 14:37:05 CEST 2006

Hi, I've decided to work on a new web site project and I've decided to
use Erlang for it.

The reason for using Erlang is two fold:

1. I want to have fun making the project.
2. The site has to be extremely scalable. Although I might not move it
out to large scale work I want it to be able to handle it.

Other requirements I have are as follows:

1. Will be hosted on a linux machine. Does anyone have any notes on
performance of Erlang and also Yaws on different 'brands' of linux.

2. I will want to have use a distributed filesystem instead of
database to access data. Any good recommendations in this context.
Database will still probably be used to hold pointers to specific data
but data will be in filesystem.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen