Erlang Refactoring

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Wed Jun 21 15:48:41 CEST 2006

* Mats Cronqvist <mats.cronqvist@REDACTED> [2006-06-21 14:57:37 +0200]:

> >Yes, this is implemented in Erlang. The tool is integrated with Emacs
> >as an extension of Distel, therefore allows the user to refactor
> >programs in an interactive way.
>
>   distel already has refactoring support. how is this different?

The difference probably lies in the number of refactoring action that
are available. Distel supports only a few methods.
I think this project will implement more.

Refactoring is important for functionnal languages. For example side-effect
free function get everything from parameters. If you extend your code to
add features, you might need to pass a new parameter to the function and
handle this everywhere in the code.
This is a very interesting project :-)

--
Mickaël Rémond