Progrommatic control of dialyzer

Gordon Guthrie gordonguthrie@REDACTED
Thu Jun 15 14:33:05 CEST 2006

Quoting Eric Merritt <cyberlync@REDACTED>:

> The goal for my project is to build and test modules as they change
> giving the developer immediate feedback during his work cycle.

erlang_automated_build does some of that in the background. You can set up
different cron jobs to do different parts of the testing suite and also
do 'report on success/report on failure'. So you can run:
* a daily job that does everything in CVS HEAD, graphs it all and sticks it up
  on a web site and reports on success
* a daily job that does everything in CVS BRANCH, etc, etc
* an hourly job that does a compile and runs the dialyzer, doesn't graph and
  only reports on failure
and so on...

The working model here would be:
* do a small change
* run the unit test suite
* commit to CVS and continue

You then get a bump if you fail the dialyzer (no notification if you don't)...

> There
> are also the secondary goals of automating a lot of the more difficult
> aspects of managing erlang projects, like the whole release management
> thing.

That would be something I would be keen to add as my release management is
currently manual and horrid...

Gordon

Quoting Eric Merritt <cyberlync@REDACTED>:

> Very cool, It seems that I missed that project when I started this. It
> looks like really good stuff as well. However, I don't think there is
> too much duplication though the two projects have somewhat similar low
> level functionality the purpose and direction seem to be pretty
> different.
>
> The goal for my project is to build and test modules as they change
> giving the developer immediate feedback during his work cycle. There
> are also the secondary goals of automating a lot of the more difficult
> aspects of managing erlang projects, like the whole release management
> thing. For now that means that I make the assumption that the project
> uses an otp style layout to make this automation possible. In any
> case, it's not really meant as a continuous build system, that's just
> the easiest way to describe it.  That's why I don't think that we are
> duplicating each other.
>
> On 6/13/06, Gordon Guthrie <gordonguthrie@REDACTED> wrote:
> > Eric
> >
> > There is a continuous build script for Erlang in the jungerl. The full
> > documentation is available here:

http://jungerl.cvs.sourceforge.net/jungerl/jungerl/lib/erlang_automated_build/do
c/DOCUMENTATION.TXT?view=markup