dets improvements?

Claes Wikstrom klacke@REDACTED
Fri Jun 9 23:12:42 CEST 2006

Yariv Sadan wrote:

> Mnesia were a better fit for my needs because, well, it's more Erlangy
> :)

It certainly is, one of the real strengths of mnesia is the
ability to have complex fields. In SQL dbs the fields are
atomic, whereas in mnesia, they can be arbitrarily complex
structures - trees, tuples, lists, etc.

This difference alone makes all normal DB modeling theory
... well not mute, but everything gets easier and different.

We do need to store > 2G in mnesia thoufg ... and the answer is
not fragmented tables.

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
http://www.hyber.org                  -- everything is under control