Language Bindings for Erlang Again (Opinion)

Yariv Sadan yarivvv@REDACTED
Fri Jun 9 15:19:54 CEST 2006

> To make static page delivery fast is easy. Has been done many times. I
> think possibly the fastest HTTP server for static pages is the one
> that got builtin to linux kernel a couple of years ago. The thing
> is that static pages aren't that interesting. The trick is to make
> dynamic pages deliver fast and to many at the same time.

I have a suspicion that such servers lose their speed and scalability
advantage over Yaws when they are integrated with the common set of
today's web languages. Well, you can probably get ridiculous
performance if you write everything in C, but your competition will
have a 3 year lead in featuers :) Also, raw speed isn't everything.
Exchanging some performance for high level semantics and massive
scalability it a pretty good tradeoff IMO.

Yariv