Language Bindings for Erlang Again (Opinion)

ke han ke.han@REDACTED
Fri Jun 9 10:27:41 CEST 2006

I am working on just such a beast.  It is an MVC framework using yaws
+ mnesia + records (w/ "common accessors inteface" ).  It is intended
as an Ajax only framework leveraging dojotoolkit.   I have started
over on this project 3 times now...  Even spent lots of time looking
at Rails, Django, Seaside to see if creating an erlang MVC framework
is worth my time.  Net result is think yes, an erlang based framework
could be different enough in terms of footprint and scalability.
I should have a _very rough_ cut of things within a week.  It will be
a small example of my ideas and hopefully enough feedback will come
to know what to build next.
I'm not looking to make a living on doing this, but I need something
for my projects and will open source what I create and see if we can
as a group expand on it.  BTW, In terms of making a living on
frameworks, I spent all of the 90s doing just that.  My company,
patternWare, made enterprise level app frameworks in Smalltalk and
Java.  Not a business model I want to be involved in anymore...better
to open source everything ;-).
ke han