Language Bindings for Erlang Again (Opinion)

Tony Finch dot@REDACTED
Thu Jun 8 17:53:34 CEST 2006

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Mickael Remond wrote:

> This is the impression you get when comparing Yaws to Apache.
> However, to be fair, I had the opportunity to see Zeus web server in
> action recently (http://www.zeus.com/products/zws/).
> It has been a shock. This server is really, really fast.

Zeus has its own concurrency mechanism (mostly based on select rather than
threads) and it's highly tuned for being an HTTP server. So, not
surprising it's fast. You might also try comparing yaws with thttpd or
lighttpd.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot@REDACTED>  http://dotat.at/
PORTPATRICK: STRONG SOUTH OR SOUTHEAST WINDS IN ALL AREAS EXCEPT LUNDY AND